RESYS is a wireless rescue communication system. Below are a few of its main advantages:
- Full-duplex communication.
- Ad-hoc backbone network with up to 255 repeaters (average underground repeater range of 140m gives about 36km).
- Automatic and without the need of a mediating device communication within a group (20 people) in range.
- Ergonomic, lightweight devices. Personal communicators located on helmets let their users work with both hands. Conversation does not require using Push to Talk buttons.
- Easy and fast network assembly: simple devices, no specialized knowledge needed for the installation (omnidirectional antennas), voice commands that support the user when attaching another repeater to the network.
- High quality voice transmission, device in form of hearing protector, noise reduction, ambient listening.
- Optional wireless microphones to be used inside oxygen masks, eliminating noise such as breath sounds.
- Auxiliary equipment such as heart rate monitors. Ability to connect other devices.
- Increased safety – making rescue actions more efficient, continuous communication, full-duplex, high sound quality, location, vital signs monitoring.
- Increased efficiency – wireless communication enhances underground work coordination, real-time monitoring of machinery, devices and people.
RESYS is an element of communication interface for SMART MINING – ensuring voice and data transmission.